Saturday, November 20, 2010

Trip to Belgium & Behind the scenes of Ghent, Belgium, Day 1

While abroad, time is going to fly by. The last morning of Bristol, England I woke up and said goodbye to my host family. I tell ya what, I am definitely planning on going to go visit them in the future.
After our goodbyes, we took a train to France from England. I thought it was really cool how the coach went right into the train. I never new that trains that large were being used. The train was so awsesom because it went underwater across the English Channel! The tunnel is called the Chunnel Tunnel.

After traveling through the awesome Chunnel, In the afternoon, we arrived in Ghent, Belgium. Ghent was a very nice little city in Belgium. I thought it was a Medieval looking city with cobble stone streets and old clock towers. We watched the first World Cup Game of England vs the USA on a huge big screen. It was really neat how the game was in Dutch. 

When the US scored our group was the only ones yelling out of at least a couple thousand. The big screen was in a square with a few restaurants. I had beef for dinner and Belgium fries. (I highly recommend you eat plenty of Belgium fries while in Belgium, also  waffles and chocolate!) I also had this really good beer called Hoegaarden with dinner. 

After dinner we all went to a local pub and had drinks. The city of Ghent is really beautiful at night. It was cool that everyone was staying close together because we all hung out more.

While in Belgium, I highly recommend you go and see the city of Ghent!

No comments:

Post a Comment