Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Review Post: Rick Steves’ London 2011 Review

I liked this travel guide the minute I opened it up because it shows maps of the huge city of London and a map of the London Underground or Tube. While in the awesome city of London, traveling on the London Tube is the way to go if you want to see a lot of the city in not a lot of time. I think Rick Steves’ does a very good job explaining how to plan to go to such a great city. The section on money is exact on when it comes to what you should know before you go. Rick’s section on the traveling throughout London is really enjoyed reading because I completely agree with him. The London Tube is the best way to go because it is the fastest. However, some of the pages are a little crowded with words and little drawings. When it comes to his section on sites to see in London, it could have not been written better. I have been to many of the cites he has mentioned and I recommend this book because it would have been a little more interesting if I would have known a little more about them (Westminster Abby, The Palace of Westminster, etc. I like how Rick Steves’ gives updated tour prices. I enjoyed reading his section on the Buckingham Palace Area because he has a little map of the roads and walkways. The little drawing of the map is a little hard to read but once you look at it for a little while it is not bad. If there was more color it would be more interesting to look at. 
Throughout this travel guide, there are many little drawings of what Rick is talking about in that particular section. Some of the drawings are a little complicated and overcrowded with words and stuff. I think some of the little drawings are too small as well and are a little hard to read on the eyes. I liked the organization of this book but at the same time I got a little bored following it and I saw myself more interested reading a book with more color. At the same time, I like how rick Steves’ gives his own personal thoughts and tips on all of the places to go and travel to in London. I agree with most of what he says about the famous places in London. Overall, I liked reading the about the first half of this book and that just about all. All in all, I recommend this travel guide for the very detailed content and words in it and I recommend you look at the DK Eyewitness Travel London book for more detailed and better looking pictures and maps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment