Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Brief Explanation of the European Union & a local Bristol, England Business

While studying abroad, I recommend you wake up as early as you can because I did the opposite and found myself always eating breakfast on the way to the bus stop. One day, during my second week in England I kept pressing snooze, resulting in me having to run out the door and eat on the bus.
During classes at the University of the West of England we had different professors come in and teach us different subjects. I am going to give a brief explaination for one of my days in class when we learnd about the European Union.
In the morning secession, we learned about Integration in Europe. It was interesting to learn about the differences in the UK and the rest of the EU. The first difference is the England does not really show the European Union flag while Ireland, Belgium, and the other countries do display it next to their own. There are 27 member states that make up the European Union and that it all started with six. Some states (Switzerland, Ireland, and Norway) are not part of the EU because of reasons like human rights, fishing legislation, and lack of public support. The basic of starting  point to the European Union was based on trade and manufacturing goods. 
After the morning secession, we went to Bristol Blue Glass. Bristol Blue glass was an interesting business to learn about. We learned that they use a hot oven called a glory hole. It was really cool to see hot glass  stretch all the way around the block and more. 
While abroad, I recommend you take as many pictures as you can. So that evening me and my roommate took pictures with our host family. I also recommend you talk some pictures of where you lived so you can share the memories with friends and family. I took some pictures of my host family’s home so I can show my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment