Monday, November 22, 2010

Brugge, Belgium

When traveling to Belgium, I highly recommend you visit the city of Brugge. As a part of our study abroad program, we were given the opportunity to visit the old city of Brugge. While in Ghent, we woke up early and took a coach bus to Brugge. (It is a really nice way to get from one city to another while in Europe, but I recommend the high speed trains.)  This city was awesome. I learned that Brugge has over 176 chocolate shops. 

I bought some hand made chocolates and they were the best I have ever tasted. I highly recommend buying as much chocolates as possible because they are so delicious. Brugge is a small city that has very old medieval looking buildings and towers. Like Amsterdam, it has lots of water ways. In fact, I learned that there are 196 bridges in Brugge! While in the city I recommend you climb to the top of the tower for amazing views!  We did exactly that, our professor took a small group of us to the Brugge tower. We climbed up all 300+ stairs to get to the top. Seeing the city of Brugge from the tower was spectacular. While in Brugge, do not hesitate to eat as many waffles as you can! Because they are awesome!! 

I had the best Belgium waffles. First, I had one with wip cream and chocolate; it tasted so incredible. Then, later that day I had another Belgium waffle with this cookie spread that looked like peanut butter.  After that we took a boat tour to see the whole city. I recommend you do that when going to the city.
All in all, while in Belgium go visit the city of Brugge. Get some chocolates and waffles, climb the tower, go shopping, and take the boat tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment