Sunday, December 5, 2010

Certified Jameson Whiskey Tester

When it comes to the great memories I had in Europe, my list is endless. One of my best memories occurred when I visited the Jameson Irish Whiskey Distillery in Dublin, Ireland. While there, we went on a tour of the entire Distillery. There were about 50 to 60 people per group for the tour. During the beginning of our tour, I was one of the lucky eleven to be chosen to be a certified Jameson Whiskey tester at the end of the tour. The tour guide choice the testers. My friend got chosen as well. We got to sit at this table in front of everyone else and test Scottish Whiskey, American Whiskey (Jack Daniel’s), and the famous Jameson Irish Whiskey. There was a place mat with a class of water. The Jack Daniel’s was singled distilled, the Scottish Whiskey was double distilled, and the Jameson Irish Whiskey was tripled distilled. We tasted each one over three times, while taking a drink of water in between to rise out or mouth. We gave our opinions after sampling the three whiskeys and without a doubt we all seven of us choose Jameson as the best one; because of its smooth triple distilled taste. 
The truth is, I really did think the Jameson Whiskey tasted the finest. This is one of my happiest memories because I will never forget getting chosen and going up there. I framed the certificate I was given and every time I look at it on my wall I think of that unforgettable awesome day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment